Yield: 4 sushi rolls
2 cups sushi rice
4 nori sheets
1 can barbecued eel (Unagi)
Kikoman Soy Sauce
Cooking Sushi Rice
- Rise the rice until your water is not cloudy, then drain.
- Combine the rice with 2 1/2 cups of water in a large pot and bring to a boil. Once water is boiling, reduce the heat to simmer for 17 minutes. After 17 minutes remove the pot from the burner, and let it sit for 5 minutes before removing the lid.
- Drizzle 1/2 cup of rice vinegar on your rice and combine.
Creating Your Sushi Roll
- Wash cucumber and carrot and cut in long 1/2-inch slices.
- Lay out your bamboo mat. Place a piece of nori flat. Have a small bowl of water ready for removing the stay rice from your fingers. Spread out your rice evenly over the nori and evenly place your strips of cucumber, carrots and unagi. (Place these ingredients at one end of the roll, this will make rolling much easier.)
- Roll the bamboo into a long role by first folding the bottom third in then rolling it up. It should look ikea tube shape when rolled correctly. Remove the roll from the mat.
- Use the sharpest knife you have and cut into symmetrical pieces.
- Place on a dish and serve with a side of Kikoman Soy Sauce or unary sauce. Enjoy!